Business Attire: 10 Tips to Perfect Your Look
Being appropriately dressed is essential in making good impressions in the business and corporate worlds. A polished image is important in business survival and can be an important factor in career advancement. Periodically, it is a good idea to take a look at your business attire and the image you are presenting. Is it the image you want to project?
1. No matter what your age your business attire should be as professional as possible. Avoid clothes that are the latest fad and choose a more conservative look.
2. Wear clothes that are comfortable, that do not itch, ride up or bind. If your clothes are irritating, having to tug, pull or scratch is not something you will want to do in public. Dress to suit your personality while keeping in mind professional standards. When you feel comfortable you will feel more at ease and will be able to attend to business.
3. Your blouse should fit well. Be sure it is the correct size, is not taut and does not gap.
4. Keep your hemline conservative, about one to two inches above the knee. This length is not only more attractive but a length that suits most women.
5. Keep your business clothes clean and well pressed. If they should get stained have them cleaned immediately.
6. Avoid fashion fads in business. Do not wear flashy jewelry or jewelry than makes a clanging noise when you move.
7. Pinstripes are a classic business look and look best when the pinstripes are thin and widely spaced. Avoid thick stripes that are close together - this is a trendier look and not appropriate for business.
8. When attending business functions keep business cards in your pocket for easy access. This will allow you to present your card easily without having to search through handbags and briefcases. Remove the cards at the end of the day and keep them in a cardholder to ensure they stay in great shape.
9. Do not over fill your briefcase or handbag and create a disorganized look. To carry files and business materials invest in a stylish, feminine looking bag.
10. If you have an important meeting choose (and try on) the clothes you plan to wear beforehand. Finding that what you intended to wear is not what you expected could make you late or uncomfortable.
Sheila Dicks is an image ane wardrobe consultant who teaches women how to dress to suit their body type and look slimmer. You can reach her online at www.sheilasfashionsense.com">http://www.sheilasfashionsense.com to download her ebook "Image Makeovers" and get "How to Build a Wardrobe" free.
Top 10 Ways to Use Quotations to Be Healthier, Happier and More Productive!
Most people have at least one favorite quotation from a famous or not-so-famous person. Some people collect them like baseball cards, figurines or classic cars.
10 Great E-Commerce Businesses You Can Start Now
If you've been thinking of starting a business on the web but you're not sure what type of business to start then this article is for you. You could be wasting valuable time trying to make your first move.
Top 7 Strategies for Writing Accounting Procedures
Part Two of Cash to Cash Cycle SeriesNext: SalesWe've already found $250,000?so let's find another $250,000?Laying the FoundationLast week, we raised the question: what would your business do with $1,000,000? To lay the foundation we introduced inventory as the first of four areas that will lead toward our million dollar goal. And you saw exactly how to achieve the first $250,000 in cash savings by avoiding delays with an increase in velocity, as well as an increase in discipline and competency.
Top 10 Ways to Turn Clients Into Raving Fans
Do you find great joy in being a coach? If so, you will find that your enthusiasm is contagious and will attract clients. Be sure to develop a superb and supportive community.
Ten Tips For Starting A New Job
1. Get to know people.
7 Ways To Get One-way Links To Your Site
One way links will help you gain better rankings in the major search engines. Here are 7 ways to get them :1.
10 Things To Do When Business Slows Down Over The Holidays
I'm sure you've seen it happen every year: your business slows down during predictable times, like the summer vacation months or year-end holidays. For the self-employed who rely upon steady cash flow, this can be a disconcerting time.
Management, Balance & Time - 10 Tips for Managing Overwhelm in your Business
How many of us have been in a position where we have more to do than can realistically fit into one day, or week. So we spend all of our time feeling rushed, being rushed, and wondering how on earth we are going to manage.
The Top 7 Marketing Tips You Dont Want To Overlook
1. Combine Emotion and LogicConsumers buy because the want to experience the benefits of the product or service you have to offer.
Your Leadership Shopping List
'Tis the season to give. And finding the right gift to give the people on your team can be challenging.
The 7 Keys to Business Success
Do you run a business that seems to run you? It does not have to be this way. There are 7 keys that can improve your business results and help you achieve success with much less stress.
7 Tips for Home Business Start-up Success
1) Prepare a realistic business plan.Think of this as your business road map.
5 Things You Must Do Well When Buying a Business to Not Get Burned
Are you not sure what Business to buy? Need to know what is a fair deal?Martin Smith thought he was buying an established business with good credit and collectable accounts receivable. The day after settlement the surprises began.
Get Your Mailing Noticed - Seven Tips for Effective Direct Mail Pieces
When sending mail to clients and potential clients, make your mailing stand out from the stacks of "junk mail" they receive. Here are a few easy ways to get their attention.
Event Planning: Seven Best Practices Successful Planners Use
Do you plan events for the corporate world like product launches, conferences, seminars, etc? If so, check out these seven practices of successful event planners.It's easy to dismiss these points thinking they're trivial.
10 Incredibly important business basics EVERYONE needs to know BEFORE they start a business!
In my career, I have had a total of 3 businesses myself and a few others where I am in partnerships. Each time you start a business the basics are pretty well the same.
The Lazy Person Secrets To Overnight Wealth And Fame
There are so many simple, yet really sure-fire ways of acquiring wealth, it's a wonder everybody with even the least bit of ambition isn't already rich. When you come right down to it, the only things needed for anyone to make bundles of money are the long-range vision and the energy to put a money-making plan into force.
How To Make $20.00 For Every $1.00 Invested
It has been said you can lift the Rock of Gibraltar if you have a fulcrum point and long enough lever. When we refer to "financial leverage" we are talking about the same principle.
7 Ways To Make A GREAT First Impression!
1. Focus on the other
Being known as a 'natural' at interpersonal communication is not just a gift that a select few enjoy.
Business Meeting Etiquette
Business etiquette is essentially about building relationships with colleagues, clients or customers. In the business world, it is these people that can influence your success or failure.