Top 10 Steps to Build Your Professional Practice Now!
1. Examine everything in your office from the view of a new client! If necessary, spruce it up. Does it need new plants, better music or an aquarium? Make it as warm, comfortable and inviting as possible.
2. Replace old magazines in your waiting area with articles and handouts your clients will use and take with them. Make it easy for clients to say good things about you!
3. Contact 3 former clients to see how they are doing.
4. Contact 3 recent referral sources and thank them! Send flowers, a card, take them to lunch. Even a phone call expressing your appreciation can do wonders.
5. Consider re-doing your business card. Does it "talk" to clients and referral sources?
6. Buy a year-at-a-glance wall calendar and begin planning your marketing and business strategies for next year.
7. Make sure every client leaves every session with a firm handshake, a warm smile and a sincere "Thank you!"
8. Spend 10 minutes every day thinking about your ideal client/patient and clarifying exactly what you do that adds value for them. How do you help them? Is there more you could do? What else do they need/want from you as a professional?
9. Re-define and clarify your statement of what you do. Then practice saying it! This week tell 5 friends, neighbors, or strangers that you want more clients.
10. Take wonderful care of yourself. A healthy, balanced life is extremely attractive. Be sure your clients can look to you as an example of what you mean by health! Approach every session with energy and complete concentration.
© Copyright 2003 by Philip E. Humbert. All Rights Reserved. This article may be copied and used in your own newsletter or on your website as long as you include the following information: "Written by Dr. Philip E. Humbert, writer, speaker and success coach. Dr. Humbert has over 300 free articles, tools and resources for your success, including a great newsletter! It's all on his website at: www.philiphumbert.com">http://www.philiphumbert.com
Seven Ways to Get the Most Out of the Next Training You Attend
Sometime soon you will be attending some training. It may be a one hour tele-seminar, a one day class, professional conference, or a weekend retreat.
Why Dont They Just Get It Done: 7 Performance Tactics for CEOs
Buckling under the weight of chronic corporate restructuring, and frustrated by performers who don't respond to carefully crafted strategic plans, high level executive leaders are being confronted by a growing performance gap between what needs to get done and what gets done.Sound familiar? It's a troublesome trend that is likely happening in your firm right now.
Bookkeeping Techniques For Morons
Please don't think I am calling you a "moron" to hurt your feelings in any way. I was a moron when I first started setting up my files.
Managing Your Major Sales - 7 Steps That Could Change The Way You Pursue Business
Ever lost a sale you thought was in the bag? Not an unfamiliar feeling for many businesses large and small. No matter how good you think your product or service is, everything finally boils down to your ability to convince others that it is good for them.
Top Ten Things to Do to Make your Signature File Sell
Always include a powerful signature on every email you send out, even to friends. It's even more important when you send out articles to opt-in ezines (no spam) and top web sites in your field--more important than your article's message.
Management, Balance & Time - 10 Tips for Managing Overwhelm in your Business
How many of us have been in a position where we have more to do than can realistically fit into one day, or week. So we spend all of our time feeling rushed, being rushed, and wondering how on earth we are going to manage.
Tips to Starting your Own Busniess
The 9-to-5 grind can make you feel like a just another cog in the corporate machine, constantly punching the clock for someone else's vision. One day, while dreaming of the world outside the cubicle, you have your big "Eureka!" moment-you've come across an idea so perfect that you need to start your own business around it.
10 Ways to Develop A Free Agent Attitude
Whether you are self employed or you work for someone else, it is useful to have a free agent attitude. The past few years have shown us that working for someone else is temporary at best.
Surviving When Clients Arent Rolling In
As the holiday season starts to settle in, the workload for many Micro-Businesses can slow down.Service-based businesses in particular consider this a slow time of the year.
Ten Tips for Effective Meetings
Here are ten things that you can do to hold more effective meetings.1) Avoid meetings.
10 Nifty Tips for Better Business Cards
Not having a business card is as bad as using an
eMail address that ends in AOL.com
It's just not professional.
1 Step Program to Achieve All of Your Goals
In Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen's original "Chicken Soup for the Soul," I am reminded of the short story titled "Another Check Mark On the List." This is a story about a 15-year-old boy named John who, on one rainy day, when it was too wet outside to play, he decided to write a list of goals.
Ten Ways To Sell Your Ideas To Anyone
You have a great idea you know is a winner. All you need is support from some key people.
How To Take Daily Big Rock Actions To Jumpstart Your Business Into Massive Momentum
Do you know exactly what actions you need to do today to be on track to reaching your big, long-term goals?Do you know which actions should be done first to make today a success?If not, don't worry about it right now. By the end of this article, you will have the tools and techniques you need to answer a confident YES to both these questions.
The Ten Best Kept Secrets For Protecting Your Business Property Against Theft
1. Locks and Padlocks - Locks on all outside entrances and inside security doors should be double cylinder deadbolts with removable collars.
Plan Your Success In Seven Ways
Many businesses lose money yearly because they don't think creatively about the future. They run their businesses doing what they think they should: dealing with customers, dealing with problems, ordering for their business, and paying their expenses.
How To Use The Power Of Focus To Build Massive Momentum In Your Business
Getting focused on what you want to achieve and creating an action plan for making it happen are critical skills for you to master.As bestselling author Napolean Hill once said, "Every well-built house started with a definite plan in the form of blueprints.
7 Tips To Increase The Success Of Your Online Business
1. Outsource what takes you too long to doWhen you don't have time to do something, you either don't do it, or do it faster and make mistakes.
Ten Top Performance Management Tips
Talk to Your People Often
By building a great relationship with your people you will bring trust, honesty and information. This gives you a head start in Performance Management of your people.
Increase Exposure, and Profits With Powerful Memorable Business Cards Using These Ten Strategies
Your business card is a valuable piece of real estate and a powerful tool for making a connection and starting a relationship that can show your potential clients the valuable solutions you can offer them.1.